Saturday, April 9, 2011

Inspiration Award from a truly Inspiring Sister

I Received The Inspiration Award and I have to say that the sister who gave me the award is truly an inspiration to me. she embodies a true Muslimah, someone who is able to be great at home and in her chosen field of study. While she cherishes her role as a wife, this does not stop her from excelling in her studies. This balance is rare and indeed inspiring. There is so much more to this sister though, and I am not doing her justice, so I suggest you see what I mean for yourself.

 Rose Water, Thank you for the lovely award!  



Now for the rules...


Thank and link back to the person that awarded this to you. (Which I've already done above)

Link posts by you and fellow bloggers that YOU find inspirational.
(I too find it strange to find my own posts inspirational, so I'm just going to add the posts of other people here).


There are many inspiring posts, but the following ones stand out for me: (in no particular order).


Crossing the Road - From Prejudice to Knowledge (Marie)

Be Patient (Xenia)

Vanity (Amira)

Noor (Rose Water)

My Parents (Blue Pearl)



****************************************************************************************************

Now... I give this award to 10 blogs which are all inspiring in their own way. Some inspire me for the humour and wit, some by the wise words, some by the great images and videos, some by the interesting stories and poetry, and some for their goals and ambitions,  but all are an inspiration.

Again in no particular order...

Reflections 4 Muslimahs

Sweet serenity

True Colours Revealed

Stay Blessed

Black Jubah

The Colour of our skin

Muslimah Bloggers Directory

Xo Xo... Sweet Success

Bubblez Island

Dear Little Auntie

Flowers Image from: http://www.thefemininitycoach.com/getting-rid-of-the-mask-tgirl-personal-style-tips/ Teddy bear image from: http://www.coolfreeimages.net/thank_you.php

18 comments:

  1. Thanks sis!! :D My first award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rabia

    It's my pleasure, I think it's great what you're doing with the muslimah bloggers directory.

    Stay well:-}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot dear... So sweet of you... :)
    Its my first award... :)
    Stay Blessed

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwwwwwwwww, I'm very touched that you would mention our little blog :) Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asma- Little Auntie

    It's my pleasure sisters, you both have great blogs with such important topics.

    Asma-Love the stories on your blog

    Little Auntie- Your advice is always so valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Assalamualaikum Sister, MashaAllah...Jazakallah for the award.Allah bless always....InshaAllah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asalam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu I am so blessed to have such beautiful sisters. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and May Allah (swt) shower His Blessings upon all of you. Jazaki'Allah Kheyran

    ReplyDelete
  8. Asalam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu ( Not sure if my first comment came through)... I feel truly blessed to have amazing sisters like you! I thank you from the bottom of my heart and I love you all. Jazak'Allah kheyran for the award. may Allah 9swt) shower His Blessings upon all of you. Wa Salaam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sisters, you all deserve this award,but my real prayer for all of you is that Allah awards you with much more, in this world and especially the hereafter.

    Black Jubah- I really like the interesting stories on your blog.

    Xenia- You are so creative Masha'Allah, I love your pictures and slideshows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you so much, sis. I appreciate it. you yourself are inspiring to others like me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww thanks for the award sis ^_^ i didnt really expect this award lol thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ati and Bubblie, you both have lovely blogs Masha'Allah.

    Ati- You have the perfect combination of humour, anecdotes and important life lessons, I enjoy reading your blog.

    Bubbli- You always have words of wisdom presented in such a fun and interesting way. The whole look fo your blog is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much Zarina, you know well how much this means to me and moreover after a morally harsh week-end you brougt a bit of peace to my heart.
    Congratulations on yours - you deserve it and musch more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Marie

    I really like your views and believe that we need more people as open-minded, tolerant and understanding as you are.

    May you always have peace and contentment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Assalaam Alaikum Zarina,

    JazakAllah khair and thank you immensely for passing along the award!

    You're an excellent writer, MashaAllah, who touches upon the most thought provoking and insightful of topics, so I'm honored that you find my writing inspirational as well.

    Have a wonderful week. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sara

    Jazakallah for your wonderful words.

    I really like reading your posts,Alhamdullillah you too always discuss relevant and important issues. Your blog is really serene.

    Stay well and have a great week yourself;-}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dearest sister!

    Those beautiful words about me must have blinded me for a moment, since I never got to comment on this post. I'm sorry. I remember how touched I was in April - and right now I'm touched again :) Alhamdulillah that you see me in the way you described above and hopefully Allah (swt) is pleased with me, although I also make mistakes and am far from as perfect as you described me <3 :)
    Thank you for being a continuous inspiration to how to live our lives and in increasing our knowledge of this beautiful deen that we are on. Masha'Allah.

    Take care dear sister and bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Rose water

    As you say, we can constantly rely on Allah and hope that Allah (swt) is pleased with us, otherwise our efforts will be in vain. Although no one is ever perfect, we can keep trying to do our best in whatever it is that we're doing, sometimes we won't succeed and other times we will, all this happens only through Allah's infinite wisdom. It is this that I admore about you, you seem to always try to give off your best and inshaa Allah I pray that Allah rewards you and is pleased with you.

    Stay well and May Allah always be with you.

    ReplyDelete