Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award


Thank you to Blue Pearl for giving me this award. Dearest Blue Pearl, I pray that Allah Almighty rewards you and keeps you as fun and caring as you are:)

Now I have to pass on the award to 7 other people so here goes; These blogs are all really interesting and inspiring in its own way. All I can say is that my Muslim sisters are amazing: So the Versatile Blogger Award goes to..........

After the Nikah

Being the best damn sparrow

Bubblez Island

Muslimness- Zaufishan

Reflections 4 Muslimahs

Sweet Serenity

Xo Xo...Sweet Success

Well done ladies, I hope that you can continue to inspire us with your writing.

Now the second part of this award is to write 7 things about yourself, so after much consideration here are my 7 things:

1. I am really happy to be a Muslimah and feel blessed and humbled that I have been given such a wonderful gift- SubhanAllah

2. I love meeting new Muslim sisters and think its great that I can connect with so many wonderful Muslim sisters (even those I connect with in cyberspace!)

3. I am a psychologist who happens to disagree with many aspects of mainstream psychology so perhaps that makes me an anti-modern-psychology psychologist (Strange- I know:) and what a tongue twister)

4. I come from a big family (we are 8 children) and my crazy, noisy, weird family is an important part of my identity.

5. I am a born and bred Johannesburger or Jo'burger as they say here in South Africa. But city life is really starting to get on my nerves (as you can tell from my last post).

6. I want to change the world, and make it a better place, (and the lyrics of Michael Jacksons heal the world, make it a better place is now playing in my head).

7. On a lighter note, I'll tell you something unimportant about me- I'm really afraid of cats (and for those cat lovers please dont try and rationalize this, its irrational, thats the point of a phobia).

So there are 7 Things About Me. Stay well everyone, May Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon you all...and Blue Pearl- Thanks for the award again;

5 comments:

  1. Masha'Allah, as Allah wished. A sweet promotion of your fellow sisters, I appreciate and adore the gesture! Do I have to write about myself in such fashion too? =p

    I'll be back, shukran.

    http://www.muslimness.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaam! Wow! Jazakallah for the award. Feels great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asalamu Alaykum
    Jazakiallah Kheyran. May Allah (swt) accept from us. I love your blog:) Mashallah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sisters- This award is nothing in comparison to the recognition that Allah (SWT) will give you. Even spreading one positive hadeeth will be rewarded immensely and Inshaa'Allah you will all receive much better rewards in the hereafter.

    Zaufishan- You don't have to write about yourself, there's no obligation:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. jzk allah for the award sis and congrats!

    ReplyDelete