Wednesday, January 19, 2011
The Versatile Blogger Award
Thank you to Blue Pearl for giving me this award. Dearest Blue Pearl, I pray that Allah Almighty rewards you and keeps you as fun and caring as you are:)
After the Nikah
Being the best damn sparrow
Reflections 4 Muslimahs
Xo Xo...Sweet Success
Well done ladies, I hope that you can continue to inspire us with your writing.
Now the second part of this award is to write 7 things about yourself, so after much consideration here are my 7 things:
1. I am really happy to be a Muslimah and feel blessed and humbled that I have been given such a wonderful gift- SubhanAllah
2. I love meeting new Muslim sisters and think its great that I can connect with so many wonderful Muslim sisters (even those I connect with in cyberspace!)
3. I am a psychologist who happens to disagree with many aspects of mainstream psychology so perhaps that makes me an anti-modern-psychology psychologist (Strange- I know:) and what a tongue twister)
4. I come from a big family (we are 8 children) and my crazy, noisy, weird family is an important part of my identity.
5. I am a born and bred Johannesburger or Jo'burger as they say here in South Africa. But city life is really starting to get on my nerves (as you can tell from my last post).
6. I want to change the world, and make it a better place, (and the lyrics of Michael Jacksons heal the world, make it a better place is now playing in my head).
7. On a lighter note, I'll tell you something unimportant about me- I'm really afraid of cats (and for those cat lovers please dont try and rationalize this, its irrational, thats the point of a phobia).
So there are 7 Things About Me. Stay well everyone, May Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon you all...and Blue Pearl- Thanks for the award again;