Since I have limited time for blogging nowadays I've decided to quickly stop by and post something very interesting that I've learnt.
It is said that when the first man, and first Prophet Adam (may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) was created he looked over his right shoulder and saw 3 lights:
He asked what those lights were and he was told the following:
1. The first light is Intelligence and it resides in your Head.
2. The second light is Conscience and it resides in your Eyes.
3. The third light is Compassion and it resides in your Heart.
Then he looked over his left shoulder and saw 3 darkness's:
When he asked about this, he was told that:
1. The first darkness is Arrogance or Pride and it resides in your Head.
2. The second darkness is Insatiable ambition (i.e. greed) and it resides in your Eyes.
3. The third darkness is Envy and it resides in your Heart.
Naturally he was surprised and said; " No, arrogance and pride can't reside in my head because Intelligence lies there, Insatiable ambition can't lie in my eyes because conscience lies there and envy can't lie in my heart because compassion lies there.
The answer he was given was this...
When arrogance or pride enters your head then intelligence disappears, when insatiable ambition enters your eyes then conscience disappears and likewise, when envy enters your heart then compassion disappears.
This is such an interesting story and a good reminder to us all. In the end we have a choice of whether we wish to fill our heads, eyes, and hearts with light or darkness. This choice may be difficult at times, but the struggle is worth it because not only will we have light in this world but Inshaa-Allah we will have it in the hereafter when we need it the most.
May Almighty Allah guide us all to always choose the light instead of darkness, to first of all recognise the light and goodness and to perceive the darkness for what it really is. May Allah fill us with light and save us from darkness. Inshaa-Allah Ameen!